The Palace first appeared on the map in 1902. The over 120-year old building has witnessed numerous historically significant events. It played an important role in the period of the plebiscite campaign.
In 1918-1922 the houses of Polish activists were often searched. In this situation the Palace was utilized to hide guns used by insurrectionists in sabotage activities and to hide people who were being hunted in Prussia for anti-national activity.
Wojciech Korfanty, the dictator of III Silesian Uprising, decided to call on Polish population from Lower Silesia to an uprising. After the uprising and until 1942 the building was sold several times. Eventually the estate was taken over by the State Treasury of the Reich.
After the war and 40 years of changing its owner. In 1988 it was bought by the ERA Cooperative for the Disabled in Chorzów (today’s ERA LLC). For 11 years the complex buildings served as rehabilitation and holiday resort called "Dworek". Collecting resources for an investment and drawing up a concept of the reconstruction, expansion and modernization, required a certain amount of time.
Eventually in 1999 an investment to modernize the building and build a high standard hotel started. In 2003 the four-star Hotel Palace Czarny Las was opened, which today creates an accommodation and training base at the highest level, welcoming its guests in exceptional interiors.